When you want an invigorating workout and a trip to the gym or even leaving the house is out of the question, some useful compact home equipment may come in handy. If you think treadmills are too bulky take a look at our guide to the best compact treadmill with 5 reviews.
We’ve spent an age compiling a list of five of the best compact treadmills, 4 of which, you can store under your bed.
This article includes affiliate links. If you choose to purchase any of the products we have discussed in this article, we may receive a small commission.
Our top 5 under-bed compact treadmills:
- 3G Cardio 80i Fold Flat Treadmill
- GYMAX 2-in-1 Folding Flat Treadmill
- Merax Electric Folding Treadmill
- RHYTHM FUN Treadmill with Foldable Handrail
- Sunny Health & Fitness Flat Treadmill
Our Reviews – The Best Compact Treadmill
We’ve chosen different sorts of compact treadmills that could each be suitable depending on where they’re going to live and how much use they get. Let’s get started with one of my favorite treadmills.
3G Cardio 80i Fold Flat Treadmill – Best Overall
Okay, this is a great treadmill and it’s compact but I will confess upfront that it’s not an easy fit under the bed unless your sleeping arrangements are different from mine.
So it fits the criteria of compact and it does fold flat to a height of 9.75″ and a super machine. It can also fold to an upright position.
A surprising feature for a compact machine is that it has 15 levels of incline to simulate those hills increasing the pain. And those inclines are integral in some of the 8 pre-set programs, 4 of which are customizable.
The 2 front wheels make it easy to move around although they don’t swivel making it harder to relocate it precisely like under the bed.
The maximum speed is a healthy or exhausting 11 MPH quick enough for me and most runners wanting a thorough home workout.
The console shows what you would expect from a good treadmill, time, calories burned, distance, heart rate, number of steps, speed as well as incline level.
It has a large 3hp continuous-duty motor which should last a long time. The warranty on it is 5 years with a lifetime warranty on the frame.
A generous sized 18.5″ by 58″ running surface should feel safe running at full tilt.
Side rails are made from non-slip plastic which provide balance and another safety feature when beginning and ending your workout.
The major control keys, start, enter, up/down are big and the clear buttons get you started at the speed and incline level you dial in.
Yep, we think this is the best compact treadmill.
Fold Flat Dimensions: 74″ x 33″ x 9.75″
Fold Up Dimensions: 39″L x 33″W x 70″H
- Upright and flat folding
- Solid build with lifetime warranty
- High maximum speed (11 mph)
- 15 incline levels
- Great cushioning
- Weight capacity 325 lbs
- Not easy under bed storing
- Portability could be better
GYMAX 2-in-1 Folding Flat Treadmill – Lowest Height When Folded
This compact treadmill provides its users the fitness they need without taking much space or being bulky.
This model has two modes, one for walking and one for running. It has a quiet motor that shouldn’t disturb others in the vacinity.
With a speed range from 0.03 to 7.5 mph, you can adjust its settings with the armrest’s touch control system.
It also has a 5-layer shock-absorbing, non-slip running belt to cushion your joints and muscles.
- Maximum speed: 7.5 mph
- Weight capacity: 265 pounds
- Running area space: 16” x 40”
- Overall dimensions: 49”x 27”x 42”
- Folding dimensions: 52” x 27” x 5”
- Motor: 2.25 horsepower
- Available colors: Navy, black, gold, green, red, and silver
- Quiet and powerful motor
- 5-layer non-slip, shock-absorbing running belt
- Integrated LCD monitor tracks workout progress (heart rate, calories burned, distance)
- Handlebars have touch sensors to track your heart rate
- Two workout modes for walking or running
- No incline
- The short cord makes it hard to plug into outlets
- No pre-programmed workouts
Merax Electric Folding Treadmill – Good Incline Features
This treadmill is excellent for people looking for an affordable model. Users looking for a challenge would be happy with its maximum speed setting of 7.5 mph.
It has three different incline positions to enhance your workout sessions.
It also has 12 built-in programs available through its interactive control panel.
Its motor uses 1.5 horsepower and has energy-conserving and high-temperature resistance for prolonged use.
- Maximum speed: 7.5 mph
- Weight capacity: 240 pounds
- Running surface: 43.3” x 15.7”
- Unfolded dimensions: 54.2“ x 20.3” x 42”
- Folded dimensions: 22.7“ x 19.2” x 48.6”
- Motor: 1.25 horsepower
- 4-layer PVC blend running belt
- Pulse-measuring handle grips
- 12 preset programs
- Supports walking, jogging, and running
- Three different incline positions
- Quiet motor conserves energy and has high-temperature resistance
- Built-in phone and tablet deck
- Built-in cup holders and MP3 speakers
- Touch screen adjustments
- Default programs don’t encourage customization
- It folds down nicely but not “under bed” flat
- It may not have enough workout programs for dedicated runners
RHYTHM FUN Treadmill with Foldable Handrail – Lowest Folding Height
Out of all the picks on our list that have handles, this compact treadmill has the lowest folding height for under-the-bed storage.
Its foldable handrail makes it easy to store and switch between its running and walking modes.
We think its built-in one-key home control and compatibility with its Bluetooth speakers make it an essential must-have for people who enjoy interactive technology.
Although its weight capacity might not be suitable for some users, it still has enough horsepower for people who enjoy continuous and rigorous workouts.
- Maximum speed: 7.5 mph
- Weight capacity: 220 pounds
- Running surface: 50” x 18”
- Unfolded dimensions: 61“ x 30” x 44”
- Folded dimensions: 61“ x 30” x 8”
- Motor: 2 horsepower
- Display panel monitors time, speed, calorie burn, and distance
- Built-in Bluetooth speakers
- One-key home button control
- Sturdy, foldable handrail
- Uses a unique workout app and remote control
- No incline
- No preset workout programs
- It doesn’t monitor your heart rate
- It may trip after 10 to 15 minutes of use.
Sunny Health & Fitness Flat Treadmill – Best Shutdown Features
This model might be ideal for people who prefer models that don’t require much setup time and who don’t want to run.
This compact treadmill lacks adjustable handlebars but makes up for it for its amazingly flat, easy-to-store nature. Just 6.5″ high.
Because of the lack of any handles it might be a good idea as per the manufacturers recommendations that this walking treadmill be used next to a table or something similarly stable.
This is especially relevant if the user is unsure of their balance.
Its 14” x 5” built-in monitor allows you to track your steps, distance, and speed, among other things. You can also change your workout’s intensity with its remote control.
We also appreciate its enhanced power-saving and safety features that halt it when it’s not in use. This might be a valuable asset for those who might have more limited time for their workouts.
- Maximum speed: 3.75 mph
- Weight capacity: 220 pounds
- Running belt: 39” x 14”
- Dimensions: 50” x 21.5” x 6.5”
- Digital monitor dimensions: 14” x 5”
- Motor: 1.5 horsepower
- Power-saving technology turns off the treadmill after ten minutes
- Automatically pauses if left idle for five seconds
- Remote control operation
- Its flat design makes it easy to store
- Suitable as an under desk treadmill
- Narrow walking area
- No incline and handlebars
- Speeds aren’t suitable for running
Treadmill Features to Look For
Before picking your ideal compact treadmill, there are several components you should consider before making your final decision. These technical specifications equate to how your treadmill operates.
How Much Space It Takes Up
Companies design their compact treadmills for easy storage, so you’ll need to know how much space it can take up before and after setting it up by measuring every corner of the room you want installment to take place.
Some models don’t require setup tools and might be more comfortable if they weigh less and have wheels for efficient transport.
Maximum Weight Capacity
When picking out an ideal treadmill, you’ll need to know how much weight it can withstand from its user. If you exceed its limits, it may not function correctly during your workout.
Horsepower refers to the power rate a machine uses to complete a task and affects your treadmill and workout’s overall quality. Typically, it would help if you looked for treadmills that have at least 1.5 HP.
Motors with higher horsepower have higher weight capacities and workout capabilities.
If you prefer jogging or running over walking, you may want to consider a treadmill’s highest speed settings. Typically, if it has a higher speed range, its running belt should accommodate the simulated distance you traverse.
Display Setting Options
When keeping track of your workout progress, it would be best to have a compact treadmill that monitors your speed, distance traveled, heart rate, and how many calories you burned. It would also be wise to find a model that has a timer to time your routine.
Additional Features to Consider
Although many compact treadmills have similar designs and features, some may have functional or cosmetic features that others lack.
Control Panel Access
One attribute you should consider is the control panel design and functionality. It should be easy to reach and use.
Some models use traditional buttons, while others have touch screen controls for enhanced convenience.
Incline, Decline, and Other Presets
If you like challenging yourself during your workouts, you may want to consider getting a treadmill with incline and decline settings to elevate your heart rate and burn more calories during your workout.
Here’s some more information about how incline walking benefits your health. Some models incorporate preset programs to match your workout preferences, from time to intensity.
If you’re concerned about joint and muscle pain during your workout, it would be best to consider finding models incorporating running belts with shock-absorbing layers.
The more layers it has, the more friction you can feel during each workout session.
Although I love the very cute Sunny Health & Fitness’ small build and shutdown features. There is nothing to even fold up.
So for a convenient very neat setup, this treadmill is the choice for anyone who just wants to keep active and not want to go over 3.75 mph. Which, for me anyway, is a very brisk walk these days.
For the features and quality and the fact it can fold flat or in an upright position I chose the 3G Cardio 80i. It has it all from a high max speed of 11 mph but safe and cushioned large running area.